Good day everyone and welcome to the new program of Nihongo Center.
We hope you are doing well during this pandemic and that you are safe.
The coronavirus had a real impact on the Japanese economy in 2020 and, even if it still moving slowly, a lot of companies are currently in need of human resources.
In this regard, Nihongo Center has decided to start it’s “Business Japanese & Internship” program from October 2021. This program is designed to give everyone who wants to work in Japan, the proper language tools to find a job in Japan. With the Japanese population decreasing, Japanese companies are looking more and more for foreigners workers. At Nihongo Center, after teaching you a very solid japanese until the N2, we will introduce you to Japanese used in business situations.
※ The starting period of the Business Japanese program depends on your Japanese level when joining Nihongo Center.
- If you are a complete beginner or around the N5, you need to study in our Intensive Japanese program for the first 1.5 year until you reach a N2 level. After that, you will be eligible to join the business Japanese class for the last 6 months. (Total duration: 2 years)
- If you join with a level close to N4, you need 1 year to reach a N2 level before entering the business class for 6 months (total duration 1.5 years)
- If you join with a level close to N3, you need 6 months to reach a N2 level before entering the business class for 6 months (total duration 1 years
- If you join with a level close to N2, then you can start from the business class for 6 months (total duration 6 months)
※ Please also remember that having a certain level of the JLPT doesn’t mean that you are close to this level in all the reading, listening, writing or speaking skills.
- Requirement to enter the program
Student who already have at least a bachelor’s degree before coming to Japan, and are looking to find a job in Japan. (The bachelor’s degree is required by the immigration bureau of Japan when asking for a working visa)
- Program schedule:
1/ Business Japanese in the morning from 9.00am to 12.30pm
During the class, we will give you all the tools to increase your chances to work in a Japanese company. The content is as follow:
After identifying common business expressions, you have to imagine your own situation and conversation using the previously studied expressions.
To deepen your understanding of the business culture in Japan, you will read chosen texts and news. In addition, you will have to amake your own presentation, with your own words about the topics studied in the previously stated supports.
- Acquire the business manners to observe within the company (hierarchical relationshipse, colleague relationships)
- Acquire business manners to observe outside the company
- Honorifics (Keigo, Sonkeigo)
- Speaking style vs Writing style
- Acquire the skills to make a complete presentation
2/ Internship after class.
Getting a long term visa in Japan allows you to work during your free time. As a student visa holders, you can work to a maximum of 28 hours a week. After studying in the morning, you can find a place to work by checking information at the school or by contacting the Kyoto Employment Support Center for International Students. At the end of your internship, if the place you were working for and yourself feel happy about your cooperation, you will be able to ask for a working visa.
You can find below some of the industries that are actively looking for foreigners human resources:
- Tourism Guide
- Language Teacher
- International Business
- Real Estate Agencies
One of our student who graduated in March 2021, shared her personal experience about her job hunting.
If you are interested in how she proceeded, be sure to take a look here.
You can also find information about the Kyoto Employment Support Center for International Student.